Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thing a Day 1/24 CRUSADER!

Thing a Day, Monday January 24, 2011

This is a quickie as I only did one thing.  That is..MAKE A F-ING TANK!.

I assembled the Crusader I acquired at the end of the year (yay sales!).  I planned to wait a bit, but a new player at our shop was wanting to learn how to play and will be doing a Grey Knights army when the new codex drops, so we are working a few practice games and one of his lists called for a LRC, so I decided to whip it together real fast so that we can use it in a few games.

Also, its part of a BA list I want to try out.  Something akin to Jawaballs Mechanicon army Land raider unit.  I will probably try to make his LRC Rock portion and remove some of the mech and add hybrid elements in DoA/StormRaven love.

So on with the pics...

Process pic.  
I only ever put one together for a friend years ago, but the kit is not bad.  I had no real issues at all.  I, of course, magnetized the hatch options and magnetized the "extras" hatch for my HKM, Searchlights, etc...


Here is the completed pic, including all of the magnetized options.  I would never use it as a Redeemer, but just in case I did magnetize the bolters.   I used the redeemer sponsons for my Flame turrets, (as discussed in this weekends post) so I would need to bit order them again.  Don't see that happening, honestly.

So there you go.  Not bad for a few hours work.  Thanks for reading!

-MikeD

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the tank building, and fast too. The last time I did a Crusader they Hurricane Bolter sponsons were all metal. What a pain the rear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...